Quick Tips if You Are Involved in an Auto or Trucking Accident
Were you just in an accident? It can be hard to know what to do in the heat of the moment. At Holston & Huntley, we’ve spent years helping clients who have just experienced traumatic auto collisions and other incidents. To help you handle this unexpected crisis, we’ve put together the following compilation of auto accident tips.
What Should I Do if I’m Involved in an Auto or Trucking Accident?
- Help or get help for injured people.
- Warn motorists (use flares, hazard lights, etc.).
- Call 911 to get in touch with police or Highway Patrol.
- Immediately call or see a physician if you have any health concerns.
- Take notes on the accident (i.e. write down information about the other driver and car, witnesses, passengers, accident location, and more).
- Cooperate fully with law officers, but speak with your insurance company or insurance agent and/or lawyer before accepting any blame.
What Should I Do Next?
- Contact a lawyer for legal assistance with filing a claim or dealing with your insurance company.
- Report the accident to your insurance company.
- Make a claim with your insurance company and/or the other driver’s insurance company to pay for your injuries and losses.
- Contact your insurance company and/or a lawyer if you are sued.
If you have questions, give us a call at (404) 620-3337 or contact us online. We are fully prepared to assist you, and initial consultations for all new clients are free of charge. We also provide services in Spanish.
At Holston & Huntley, we consider ourselves crisis professionals. We are accessible, efficient, and highly experienced with a variety of legal matters. We provide same-day services and can schedule appointments after regular business hours and over the weekend. In short, we do everything we can to be there when our clients need us most. Whether you’ve just been in an accident, or you’re struggling to make ends meet because of crushing debt, we’re here to help.
Are you looking for advice as to what you should do in the event of an accident? Contact us today to receive a free guide and checklist from Holston & Huntley LLC to always be prepared.
Experienced 1000+ Cases Handled
Compassionate & Empathetic
Our experienced attorneys have the experience necessary to handle your bankruptcy and personal injury matter with the care it deserves. Schedule a free consultation with one of our skilled attorneys today.